Imagine buying food outside 5 days a week for a month. How much are you spending for eating out? A McDonald’s meal can cost you about $10, multiply that by 5, for 5 days of work days. Then multiply that by 20, for 20 days working days a month. You are spending $200 a month on food, and that’s only with McDonald’s food, imagine going out spending $15 or $20 a meal somewhere else. Your could’ve saved that much money meal prepping for a week.
I spend about $20 to – $25 worth of food, lunch and dinner, for a week. While you’ll spend $50 for lunch a week. Can you see how much you could be saving?
I cook variety of food. From eggplant parmesan to tofu sandwich, and mushroom burger. Also, I’m making healthy choices with my food and I limit how much I eat.
There are tons of recipe that you can find on the web or on YouTube. It’ll help you develop your cooking as well.
If you haven’t tried making your own hummus at home, you’re missing out. It’s not only budget-friendly but it is delicious as well.
Continue reading How To Make Hummus
Another easy vegetarian recipe that you can make.
- 2 eggs,
- 1 tbspn water
- Panko bread
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, or more, if desried.
- 2 lbs eggplants
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Basil
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tspn crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tspn minced garlic
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- (24-ounce) 1 jar premium pasta sauce
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 8 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) finely grated fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl.
- Combine panko and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a plate.
- Dip eggplant in egg mixture then dredge in panko mixture; shake off excess.
- Place eggplant 1 inch apart on baking sheets coated with oil.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until golden, 15 minutes each side.
To make fillings:
- Cut Basil
- Combine other fillings ingredients
- Set aside.
- Coat bottom of glass baking dish with pasta sauce.
- Layer half of eggplant slices over pasta sauce.
- Add salt to eggplant.
- Top with about 3/4 cup pasta sauce.
- Spread half of fillings over sauce
- Top with a third of mozzarella and 1/4 cup fontina.
- Repeat layers, ending with about 1 cup pasta sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375F for 35 minutes.
- Remoce foil and top with remaining third of mozzarella and 1/4 cup fontina.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese melts.
Here’s how you can make this easy vegetarian banh mi sandwich or tofu sandwich
- 1 large baguette or bread
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayo or vegan mayo (for complete vegan sandwich)
- cilantro, for topping (optional)
Continue reading Vegetarian Banh Mi
Two famous YouTuber are having a growdown, to see who can grow the biggest tomato until August 1. I am unofficially joining their contest and try and beat them.
Continue reading Beefsteak Tomato Growdown